• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join in on the forum and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice. Membership of the club costs just £25 per annum and brings even more benefit than just the forum.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

Generac 4.8KW Generator

Chat about your specific make of RV here, share infomation and things that you have learned that is specific to the brand/model.

Generac 4.8KW Generator

Postby Paul+Laine » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi Guys,

I have a Generac 4.8KW Generator model 02010-2.

I have a problem where after it warms up, it stops running.

If I wait for it to cool down, it works again but stops every time when it warms up.

I have had it serviced at mobile RV but it is still the same.

Someone on this forum had problems a few years back and when they contacted Generac UK, they were pointed in the direction of Chris from Private Power in Ware Hertfordshire.

The post also suggested that Chris is now a member of this forum so does anyone know who Chris is, and can you put me in touch with him please.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Michael
Paul+Laine

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 19 times
Started RVing: 0

Advertisement

Re: Generac 4.8KW Generator

Postby Damon3272 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:28 pm

I had a similar problem with my Onan generator,it turned out to be the fuel pump which I changed,no problems since.
After the generator stops/cuts out read the fault code which will flash up on the start button(Generac May be different from Onan) that may indicate the fault.
If you can’t read the fault code after the Genny stops crank it over and check with a multimeter if you have a 12 volts supply to the fuel pump if you do it will be the fuel pump,if you do not it may be the control board or possibly a fault on the low oil sensor.
Good Luck Colin

Regards Colin
Damon3272

Thanks given: 7 times

Re: Generac 4.8KW Generator

Postby Paul+Laine » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:35 pm

Thanks Colin. I will let you know what happens!
Paul+Laine

Thanks given: 19 times

Return to RV Specific