• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

Windscreen

Re: Windscreen

Postby daz3303 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi Alan
How odd I am with sureterm and have just recently had the passenger windsceen changed because a crack had developed coming up from the bottom of the screen but was now within reach of the wipers so prior to its mot desided to get it replaced
Rang sureterm up who put me through to national windscreens who had no idea what a Winnebago is.ended up have to do all work myself ie measuring the screen getting the numbers off and finding a local supplier.
found a company called Mercury RV and a guy called Simon and he sorted the whole thing out for me
reason it cracked was the frame under the glass had rusted and push the screen out which started the crack Mercury RV cured all the problems prior to the new screen being put in, no charge to me (NIce chap really).
There was no mention of a limit and no questions about cost was told national windscreen had to pay up front for glass befor imported £1400-£1500+vat
Great job only problem early Winnebago Itascas had Blue top tint screens that are no longer made so have now got one blue screen and one green screen
hayho not to worry
Darren
daz3303

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 0 times
Started RVing: 2005

Advertisement

Postby havewheelswilltravel » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi well as far as it goes sure term are the biggest bunch of idiots I have had to talk to.
When i phoned them they said AA Autowindshield where there suppliers so contacted them and took them days to even find one at a very expensive price.

But as to the limit I have nothing written in my insurance details but they tried to say it was a £1000 limit but after loads of phone calls they are now paying the lot except my £75 excess.

But all new policies will have £1000 glass limit.

Alan
havewheelswilltravel

Thanks given: 0 times
Started RVing: 2006

Postby Sharon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:16 pm

It may be that once they introduce that limit most RVer's will not consider insuring with them.
"Happiness is wanting what you have"

The happiest people are not those who have the best of everything but those who make the best of everything!
Sharon

Thanks given: 107 times
Started RVing: 2003

Previous

Return to Georgie Boy