• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

electric step

Discuss electrical, mechanical, coach, tyres, MOT & Servicing, Appliances, TV & Satellite and many other topics relating to RVs.

electric step

Postby john.williams » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:23 pm

Grumpy.On the other site.Dont know if you will read this.I had the same problem with my step it would close then come out again.Open both doors,Then close inner door slowly under control untill step goes in ,then locate inner door into its catch,if step comes out again then door is bent causing magnetic sensor switch to go beyond its intended close position,this in turn causes step to come out again.Easy to fix.Close innerdoor untill step retracts,Then gently bend top then bottom of door back until they no longer go beyond the point of the magnetic sensor switch causing step to come out again.Often caused by to heavy closing of the inner door on its own.Grandchildren seem to do this .Hope this is helpfull.Regards John (bengie)

The following people have thanked the author john.williams for this post:
StevieB
john.williams

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 0 times
Started RVing: 2009

Advertisement

Re: electric step

Postby Sharon » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:13 pm

John, as this reads like a personal message (it is not attached to a question here on the forum as far as I am aware) may I suggest you pm Grumpy.......Thanks
"Happiness is wanting what you have"

The happiest people are not those who have the best of everything but those who make the best of everything!
Sharon

Thanks given: 107 times
Started RVing: 2003

Postby john.williams » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:22 am

Sharon.Sorry dont know how to.Had enough trouble sending this.I send so few messages that even when people tell me how to do it by the time I need that information I have forgot it.Was trying to help a fellow RVr who had a problem that I had encounterd.Thought that was what this club was about THE FRIENDLY CLUB.Did not mean to upset anyone it was ment for everyone as well as Grumpy who might at some time have the same problem.It was not ment as a personel message sorry if its upset you or any other members. Regards John
john.williams

Started RVing: 2009

Postby Sharon » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:20 am

Hi John

You haven't upset anyone, but you post seems to be a continuation of something that most readers will not see.
If you had explained in your first post what you were answering or sharing it would have been helpful, but you didn't - you have made 54 posts now, so hopefully you know how the forum works. If you need a bit more help, please ask.

And as for 'I thought this was the friendly club' it is. Always has been. Always will be.

The happiest people are not those who have the best of everything but those who make the best of everything!
Sharon

Postby Sunsporters » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:22 am

Sharon wrote:John, as this reads like a personal message (it is not attached to a question here on the forum as far as I am aware) may I suggest you pm Grumpy.......Thanks

Unbelievable, no wonder nobody posts on the site with messages like that which I have seen too many times !!!!

The following people have thanked the author Sunsporters for this post:
billl70
Sunsporters

Started RVing: 1992

Postby Mrtibbs » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:34 am

You have clearly misunderstood the intention of Sharon trying to be of assistance to the original poster. His post was clearly aimed at another member and as such it did look like a sort of personal message, which is why Sharon tried to point that out.
I find your post to be inflammatory at best and serves absolutely no useful purpose.
Maybe you prefer to sit on forums that are full of this sort of posting but this forum is not like that and it will not be tolerated. There are plenty of posts on here, thank you, and in the massive majority they are helpful and friendly, we do not have flaming attacks.

Keith
There are no pockets in a shroud
"Life is a gift, Freedom is a responsibility."
Amateurs .. Built the ark. Professionals .. Built the Titanic"
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Mrtibbs

Thanks given: 133 times

Postby StevieB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi and thank`s to John for the info on electric steps. Also Sunsporters as a point most messages are Hello and welcome to......
Cheer`s SB
StevieB

Thanks given: 14 times
Started RVing: 0

Postby Sharon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:13 pm

StevieB wrote: most messages are Hello and welcome to......
Cheer`s SB

Hi SB

Whilst it might seem most messages are hello and welcome, there are only 1074 welcome messages out of 17643 posts which is a total count. Forum members have access to most of them, but there are some areas of the website that only club members can access and post in and you will not see these.

Sharon

Postby olley » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Got to support Sharon, her post was polite and friendly, I just don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Ian
Winnebago 30W V8 8.1 chevvy LPG conversion. Workhorse W20 Chassis.
Wyrd bid ful araed
Autogas Map of Spain http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... a4&t=h&z=6
olley

Thanks given: 29 times
Started RVing: 2004

Postby StevieB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:57 pm

hI , Fuss What Fuss?.
SB
StevieB