• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

Aircon Problem

Discuss electrical, mechanical, coach, tyres, MOT & Servicing, Appliances, TV & Satellite and many other topics relating to RVs.

Aircon Problem

Postby sloany » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi, I have been having problems with my aircon whilst on hook up. It runs for approx. 6 mins then trips the 20amp breaker, I have replaced the breaker but it still trips. If I run off the generator it runs with no problems, the coach is less than a year old and this is the first time I have used the aircon on hook up which is a 30amp supply so should be sufficient. Could it be that the aircon will only work with the American 60Hz supply and that is why it is ok on the generator? I would appreciate any help or recommendations that anyone has, the aircon unit is a Coleman Airxcel 4900 series :D

Dave
sloany

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 1 times
Started RVing: 2008

Advertisement

Re: Aircon Problem

Postby Mrtibbs » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:03 am

sloany wrote:. the coach is less than a year old and this is the first time I have used the aircon on hook up which is a 30amp supply so should be sufficient
Dave

Hi Dave
I think the answer is to contact the people that you bought your RV from as it must still be under warranty. It should run on hookup the same as it does on generator power, so I am guessing that you have a fault in your wiring. Call them straight away and tell them.

Keith
There are no pockets in a shroud
"Life is a gift, Freedom is a responsibility."
Amateurs .. Built the ark. Professionals .. Built the Titanic"
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”

The following people have thanked the author Mrtibbs for this post:
sloany
Mrtibbs

Thanks given: 133 times
Started RVing: 2003

Re: Aircon Problem

Postby john.williams » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Have you checked the switches (located on my Damon at the bottom of wardrobe) to make sure they are set at generator. Regards Bengie
john.williams

Thanks given: 0 times
Started RVing: 2009

Return to Tech / Mech