• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

New RV Transformers

Discuss electrical, mechanical, coach, tyres, MOT & Servicing, Appliances, TV & Satellite and many other topics relating to RVs.

Re: New RV Transformers

Postby Neil Mckay » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi
Sorry for the delay in replying.

1st, can I correct my small mistake, The fan runs a lot of the time but not all of the time. I have checked to see if the casing is getting too warm and to date no problem. The temperature here has been in the high 30's so it is warm.

I e mailed Glenn @ RV Transformers asking him a number of questions along those lines. He e mailed back saying in the unlikely event of that happening, if the transformer gets too hot it shuts down. It cannot get so hot it melts down or worse. If you want, I can send you a copy of my questions and Glenn's replies. Just send me a private message with your e mail address and I will pass them on.

Maybe it would be an idea to e mail Glenn and ask him all the questions you need to before you make a decision.

I hope this helps.

Neil.
Neil Mckay

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 0 times
Started RVing: 2012

Advertisement

Postby BBHOW » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:16 am

Thank you Neil.

Yes very comprehensive for which I am pleased to receive your reassurance.

BBHOW
BBHOW

Thanks given: 2 times
Started RVing: 2003

Postby Neil Mckay » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:09 am

Hi

I posted an update on the Another forum site a while ago.

Without going through all the details again, I have had the new all singing transformer removed.

If anyone wants the full story please PM me.

Regards

Neil
Neil Mckay

Thanks given: 0 times
Started RVing: 2012

Previous

Return to Tech / Mech