Signature Motorhomes Limited

Parts, Sales, Service, MOT and Repairs

01902 725 394

• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

Leather disaster

Discuss electrical, mechanical, coach, tyres, MOT & Servicing, Appliances, TV & Satellite and many other topics relating to RVs.

Leather disaster

Postby des » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:02 pm

I treated myself to a new dressing gown for Christmas, knowing we were to be away for some time shortly after. After just over a week in the RV I discovered, to my dismay, that the colour (mainly blue) had bled into our cream leather upholstery. I tried some leather wipes we had, which worked a bit. Then some hand wipes which also worked a bit. I tried turning the settee cushions (the worst stained) over, only to discover the other side was worse! Don't remember that happening. In desperation, it being the back, I tried some Cif. To my astonishment the blue virtually wiped off. I had to wait for a new bottle to finish the job, which leaves the leather an almost perfect match. Phew!
"Grab half a chance. and you'll never regret a might have been" - Arthur Ransome
des

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 3 times
Started RVing: 2000

Advertisement

Re: Leather disaster

Postby margaretm » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Sorry to read that glad you solved the problem glad to see that it worked.
Hope you and Anne are both well.

Margaret.
margaretm

Thanks given: 27 times
Started RVing: 2000

Re: Leather disaster

Postby WESTIES ON TOUR » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Hi Des and Ann,

That's a good tip. Must bear that in mind.

Jason
WESTIES ON TOUR

Thanks given: 15 times
Started RVing: 2010

Return to Tech / Mech