• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

TV/DVD System

Discuss al topics relating to getting a TV picture into your RV.

TV/DVD System

Postby Rossini » Tue May 05, 2015 5:02 pm

I need to put a new TV and Aerial into my RV.The posts on this subject are quite old now so I expect things have changed. Can anyone recommend which
system I should buy for the UK and Europe ? Thanking You Pete
Rossini

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 0 times
Started RVing: 0

Advertisement

Re: TV/DVD System

Postby doug » Sat May 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi Pete,
I think the situation is quite a lot simpler than it used to be. Most modern TVs are multi-standard so work anywhere in Europe...provided you're happy with local language programmes.
Receiving english language programmes in Europe still needs a satellite system and then the worlds your Oyster if you'll pardon the pun. I think Oyster is still the gold standard in satellite systems. Mine has been on my RV for 10 years but doesn't get a lot of use. In the UK we use Freeview on the tv. I junked my sky box a good few years ago and when we're in Europe use the Oyster on it's own but a Freesat receiver isn't very expensive. I don't venture very far south so I don't have any problem picking up the transmissions but i understand that as you head south it does become a problem.
Regards Doug

I keep pressing escape but I'm still here

The American RV Club - The friendly club
doug

Invitations sent: 479
Registered friends: 91
Thanks given: 145 times
Started RVing: 2001

Re: TV/DVD System

Postby Rossini » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Thanks for your time and advice
Pete