• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

SAT NAV

Forum to discuss all aspects of GPS Navigation, share your experiences with us.

SAT NAV

Postby kevinwalters » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:37 am

Can anyone give information on latest Sat Nav's for UK and Europe that caters for RV Size

Appreciate any help

kevin
kevinwalters

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 0 times
Started RVing: 1988

Advertisement

Re: SAT NAV

Postby des » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:17 am

I use a tomtom 5150 truck both for regular hgv work and rv. Has never let me down. The live traffic is excellent, and spot on about 95% of the time. I update the map weekly with the user corrections, then every three months there is a new map released. This installs seamlessly without altering or losing any settings. The campervan feature is useless for RVs as it only goes up to 5 tons. I also have copilot truck on my tablet which is ok but awkward to use compared to tomtom which is very user friendly. Finally the addition of your own poi's on tt is very easy. When planning a trip i look on google earth to identify a site entrance and check access. Then use freeware called tyre to create tt poi which is easily transferred to nav. Hsve never used garmin or other navs so can't comment.

Des
"Grab half a chance. and you'll never regret a might have been" - Arthur Ransome
des

Thanks given: 3 times
Started RVing: 2000

Re: SAT NAV

Postby kevinwalters » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:53 am

Des,

Appreciate your information, intend to buy one before we set off south for the winter months.

Regards

kevin
kevinwalters

Thanks given: 0 times
Started RVing: 1988

Return to GPS Navigation