• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

disabled adaptions

This is where we can talk about tips, help and share information regarding special needs.

disabled adaptions

Postby LittleKath00 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi all. Just thought that you might like to know that we now have had our RV fully adapted for our disabled child. We now have a full wet room, raised bed, ceiling hoist/track and a door lift. The work was undertaken by Coachbuild GB. They have done an excellent job. The adaptions do not look as if they were an after thought. They look as if they were incorporated when the vehicle was first built.
The staff are very friendly and the premises are easy to find. If anyone is considering any kind of adaptions at all I would not hesitate to recommend them.
I give then 5 stars. :D
LittleKath00

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 1 times
Started RVing: 0

Advertisement

Re: disabled adaptions

Postby Sharon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi Kath

That sounds great. I can't imagine a wet room in an RV, and look forward to seeing it (and you all) soon.
"Happiness is wanting what you have"

The happiest people are not those who have the best of everything but those who make the best of everything!
Sharon

Thanks given: 107 times
Started RVing: 2003

Postby ALANTH » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:01 pm

hi your adaptation sounds great and exactly what we are looking for for our disabled daughter, however do you or any other members know if any one hires out adapted RV's
ALANTH

Thanks given: 0 times

Postby LittleKath00 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Sorry no i dont know. As each vehical is adapted for personal requirements it would be impossible to find a vehical that would meet everyones needs.
Sorry. If you could find one I bet the hire charge would be very high.
LittleKath00

Thanks given: 1 times

Return to Camping for disabled