• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

RV insurance and breakdown cover for both UK and Europe

If you're new to RVing this is the place to ask your questions. Don't worry, there's no such thing as a dumb question!

RV insurance and breakdown cover for both UK and Europe

Postby leeandsheryl » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi everyone we have just brought a RV (countrymen mirada 310DS) and are now searching for the insurance and breakdown cover.
The best quote on the Insurance is from NFU (i have all my works vans insured with them) they quoted about £470.00 but they don't cover A class RVs for breakdown even though they use RAC.
I am looking now for breakdown cover for it and the best one seems to be Arrival from the RAC but they won't quote unless i join the caravan and camping club which costs £38.00 i think. Is it worth joining that as i don't know if they cater for american RVs ?

If anyone has any advice on this it would be gratefully received

thanks in advance
Lee and Sheryl
leeandsheryl

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 7 times
Started RVing: 0

Advertisement

Re: RV insurance and breakdown cover for both UK and Europe

Postby Damon3272 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:33 pm

We are members of The Caravan and Camping Club because we use their sites and 15 years ago we were insured by Adrian Flux who did not offer breakdown cover so we joined The Arrival Scheme who have no length or weight restrictions to their Motorhome cover.
We have been insured with Safeguard for the past 15 years who do offer their own breakdown scheme but we still keep up our arrival breakdown cover for our personal cars and motorbikes,so yes well worth joining in my opinion.

Regards Colin
Damon3272

Postby catman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:12 pm

Agree with Colin.
N.F.U. seem to be giving good quotes?? (feed back from members)
Join the c&cc lots of sites no prob's (apart from central re's)
most wardens are ok (but check site book for length).
Arrival is very good we have had no prob's with them used them twice in 13years!!
but have since dropped them Arrival (only) as we do'not go abroad as much as we did.
So have since gone to green flag.(U.K.only)

The following people have thanked the author catman for this post:
leeandsheryl
catman

Thanks given: 6 times
Started RVing: 1998

Postby leeandsheryl » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:22 pm

We have now joined the camping and caravan club and then called the RAC back and the family cover i had has been upgraded to Arrival which covers the RV free of charge.
Also we have gone with the NFU for the insurance at a cost of about £450.00.

Thanks for the advise

Lee and Sheryl
leeandsheryl

Return to Starting out