• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

Bicycle rack for sale SOLD

Anything that is not an RV can be posted here.

Bicycle rack for sale SOLD

Postby Mrtibbs » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:36 am

NOW SOLDWe have been clearing out our shed and I found this cycle carrier that we haven't used in ages, so it needs to find a new home. It is made in the USA by a company called Hollywood and is complete with a pintle to allow it to be used with an American Towing receiver, so it will fit directly into the rear of your RV. At the bottom there is a pinned hinge to allow the top bar to be dropped down to ease loading the cycles and at the bottom there is what looks like a fitting to attach a tow ball (although I have never tried this out) so that you retain the use of the towing receiver.
This carrier comes with the straps to securely fasten the bikes onto it.
It is a very heavy item and I would prefer cash on collection although I am prepared to deliver it to anyone going to the Shuttleworth Rally or the AGM at Stratford. As a last resort I can weigh it so that it could be delivered by courier, but would rather not have to do this...
I am looking for an offer in excess of £125 for this carrier (the pintle alone is worth in excess of £50), please PM me if interested or if you want any photo's sending.
TIA

Keith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no pockets in a shroud
"Life is a gift, Freedom is a responsibility."
Amateurs .. Built the ark. Professionals .. Built the Titanic"
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Mrtibbs

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 133 times
Started RVing: 2003

Advertisement

Re: Bicycle rack for sale

Postby wylie66 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:13 pm

Keith do the bikes hang or are they supported from above? How many bikes will it carry?
wylie66

Thanks given: 18 times
Started RVing: 2012

Postby Mrtibbs » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:35 am

Hi Wylie
The rack is fitted for carrying four bikes and they are supported by the arms and secured in place with adjustable straps.
HTH

Keith
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Mrtibbs

Postby wylie66 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Mrtibbs wrote:Hi Wylie
The rack is fitted for carrying four bikes and they are supported by the arms and secured in place with adjustable straps.
HTH

Keith

Sorry for the delay keith, thanks for the reply. The question is will it bring the bikes further up the rear of the vehicle than the existing rack?
wylie66

Thanks given: 18 times
Started RVing: 2012

Postby Mrtibbs » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:55 pm

I cannot answer that because I don't know your existing rack. Hopefully I will be getting the RV out at the weekend, would you like me to take any measurements? I can possibly take a picture or two with it installed in the tow bar so you can see it. I remember that the bikes ride pretty high on the back, but as I say I don't know your rack so impossible to say. There is a facility to swing this rack down for loading/unloading, that is how high it is if that helps?
Let me know

Keith
Mrtibbs

Return to Any other items For sale