• Advertisement

Hi, Thank you for visiting us at the American RV Club. This is the only open forum run by a non-profit making club specifically for American motorhomes.

Please take a couple of minutes to register and choose an ID. It is completely free to join and you'll then be able to access a treasure trove of help and advice.

The American RV Club is often described as the friendly club and that's the watch word on the forum as well. Come on in, you're a friend we're waiting to meet.

Regards The committee

New Tyres

If you are in need of something, post here, you never know your luck.....

New Tyres

Postby jong » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi All,

Our RV Requires 2 new front tyres as the original Michelins have side wall cracks which is a shame as they have loads of tread left! :x

Our Rv is at Anglo American in Newport having a few small jobs done and Steve Griffiths had another RV with the same size alloy wheels as ours and this had a pair of Coach tyres just fitted to it at a cost of £300 per side :o :( :o Steve said this was the best deal he could find and the only available stock :o and if I want ours changed he would take the wheels off our RV and take them to the same place,he sugested this was easier than trying to drive the RV to the Tyre Depot (sounds good to me).

The good thing is i would Gain a spare Tyre (I could carry in one of the lockers) as a get you home option if a tyre blows,I am guessing the RAC would be able to fit it at the side of the road,or call a truck tyre fitter???

Has any one else purchased new 22.5 235/80R equivelents for there RV ?????????? And the big question how much did you pay?

i was expecting to pay £200 ish each not £300 each??????

Thanks,

Jon G
jong

Invitations sent: 0
Registered friends: 0
Thanks given: 5 times
Started RVing: 2005

Advertisement

Re: New Tyres

Postby Mrtibbs » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi Jon
From memory the 19.5" tyres are about £220 each matey.......
I am guessing that £300 isn't too bad for the larger tyre. Do you need to fit that size or can you alter the size to a more common one that is readily available (read cheaper)?
Just a thought

Keith
There are no pockets in a shroud
"Life is a gift, Freedom is a responsibility."
Amateurs .. Built the ark. Professionals .. Built the Titanic"
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Mrtibbs

Thanks given: 133 times
Started RVing: 2003

Postby Vacatoner » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi Jon
I replaced all 6 of mine last easter as they were 6 years old tried all over, that size is not available in the UK, I swaped mine to 255/70/22.5s they fine and fit my Holiday Rambler Vacationer I got them from a fellow RVer who has his own tyre buisness in Oswestry I think they were £260.00 each Bian Evens is the guy you want very helpfull.
TC

The following people have thanked the author Vacatoner for this post:
jong
Vacatoner

Thanks given: 0 times
Started RVing: 2004

Postby jong » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi Keith,

Thanks very much for the reply i have purchased 2x Bridgestone 255/70 22.5 tyres today for £190.00 plus Vat each :D :D :D :D Cheaper than my Shogun Tyres :D

will have to see how it handles with these on and I now have a spare!!

Thanks
Jon G
jong

Thanks given: 5 times
Started RVing: 2005

Postby Mrtibbs » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Glad to be of assistance buddy :) Sounds like a good deal you got there....

Keith
There are no pockets in a shroud
"Life is a gift, Freedom is a responsibility."
Amateurs .. Built the ark. Professionals .. Built the Titanic"
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Mrtibbs

Thanks given: 133 times
Started RVing: 2003

Return to Wanted